Send to friend Last | Next

Controller (Comptroller) - Travel and Hospitality Career Opportunities

Special Requirements    
Some Controllers seek the Certified Hospitality Accountant Executive (CHAE) credential, an industry designation showing competency in the area of accounting. While this credential is voluntary, it can make a significant difference when it comes to hiring since it shows dedication to the hospitality industry. Other Controllers are certified public accountants (CPAs).    

Tips for Entry
1. Explore the Web site of HFTP at www.hftp. org. Here you can learn about CHAE certification, special events including conferences, and membership.
2. Being a Controller at a hotel or resort is not just about the accounting. Gain hotel experience by working as a desk clerk for the summer to learn more about hotel operations. Current hotel Controllers say this is invaluable preparation for getting into the industry.
3. Learn more about becoming a CPA through the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) at
4. If you are interested in studying accounting, AICPA also has a list of degree programs in accounting on its Web site at collegelist/index.htm.



Registration and Comments Closed

The registration for is closed forever.
We strongly recommend e travel week
to be used as a platform to communicate
with hospitality and tourism industry professionals.

Thank you for your support!