1. Before reporting to Housekeeping office, you are requested to wear uniform with name badge.
2. Showered, clean sort hair, shaved (Female: if hair to long to shoulder, it must be tied back off the face).
Nails are to be clean and short (Female; with only clear or very pale nail polish and always wear all make-up in
3. The only jewelry you may wear is a watch, one ring, (Female: small earrings).
4. Only plain black shoes may be worn and black socks, preferable in the style recommended. Female to wear light brown stockings.
5. Report on duty in HSKP office, and sign in on time.
6. Collect your worksheet, and check if no mistake, check if VIP in-house and VIP arrivals are indicated and sign for your Key Card. Keys place with Key Pouch by the Pocket before leaving Housekeeping Office.
7. Collect cleaning baskets with cleaning cloth, check if basket is complete and napkins are sufficient.
8. Go direct to your assigned floor.
9. Once there, check your equipment and trolley with linen and guest supplies.
10. Clean the corridor, ashtrays and elevator door.
11. Check and dust vacant rooms, and ensure that room status is correct with ROOM STATUS REPORT.
12. Make sure that you finish above tasks at 8:40.
13. Move your service trolley and vacuum cleaner out from the pantry, then start to clean “VD” and “OD”.
14. Lock the pantry door and remember guest supplies are very expensive.
15. Start to clean room at 9o according to order of priority.
Early request cleaning of occupied rooms
Check-out rooms blocked for VIP or early arrivals
Interval service of other check-out and occupied rooms
Now go to the first room to be cleaned and place your trolley in front door of the room. Clean occupied room as required by guest or if you are sure guests are out, never clean occupied room before 9:00 if you re not sure that guests are not out of room, and avoid to disturb guest sleeping.
2. Place your vacuum cleaner neatly beside your trolley.
3. Remember never obstruct the corridor, fore cupboards or fire exits in any way.
4. Before ringing the bell, check if the room displaying a DO NOT DISTURB Sign, as these mean that the guest is in the room and does not wish to be disturbed. Place notes card into the room under the door after 14:00 to inform the guest if service is required to contact Housekeeping.
5. DND sign you must never ring or enter the room.
6. If occupied or check out room appears to be vacant ring the bell, (announce yourself as “good morning housekeeping”) wait about ten seconds and ring another two times.
7. If there is no response, unlock the door and announce yourself as “good morning housekeeping, may I come in?”
8. Leave the door open when you clean the room..
9. Clean the room, please refer to HOW TO CLEAN A ROOM procedure.
10. Take special care by collecting the bed linen from the bed, shake the linen over the bed and take one by one sheet, make sure clothing and other article are not mixed up with it.
11. In your duties, you should also
Check and replace Mini Bar (refer to Mini Bar procedure)
Check and collect guest laundry (refer to Guest Laundry Service)
Hand in guest’ losses to your supervisor (refer to guest lost & found procedure)
Provide shoe shine service
Provide other service as required
12. If on your section you are unable to clean rooms, because of guest still in the room or to many DND signs, contact your supervisor or exchange one room with one of your colleges. Don’t hang around it is waste of time.
13. If you have to leave your floor report to the supervisor, the same applies if you come back.
14. At 14:00 if you have rooms with DND signs or late service (after 16:00) report to the supervisor.
15. If you have rooms which are not used by guests report to the supervisor.
16. If you have done extra work inform the supervisor what kind of extra work you have done and in which room.
17. Every room cleaned need to be indicated on your worksheet the same applies for discrepancies.
18. After you have finished your last room inform the supervisor return your trolley and vacuum cleaner to the pantry.
19. Pay special attention to the corridors if the carpet is dirty, vacuum the carpet at once.
20. Clean your trolley and refill the guest supplies and linen, empty and clean your vacuum cleaner.
21. Clean your basket.
22. Clean the pantry and wait your supervisor to sign your paper before leaving your floor, Report any special matters to your supervisor.
23. Take your rubbish bag where it belongs to keep.
24. At the end of your shift return to the housekeeping office, hand in your keys and your work sheet.
25. Check your duty schedule for next day and sign out.
1. Before reporting to Housekeeping office, you are requested to ware uniform with name badge.
2. Report on duty in office and sign in on time, receive afternoon tasks from your supervisor and check special work for evening turn-down service. Then go to your working area as soon as possible.
3. Ensure that you complete assigned tasks before 4:30, and service trolley is refilled for turn-down service.
4. help AM. Shift staff complete guest room cleaning as instructed if some “OD” or “VD” rooms are not cleaned
5. 30 minutes dinner time: 4:30pm-5:00pm,you should be back to the office on time after dinner
Attend a briefing given by your supervisor
Get room assigned room sheet
Write down special matters on your work sheet
Get keys from office clerk
Then go back to your floor and commence evening turn-down service for all rooms assigned to you.
6. Turn-down service houses: 5:30-9:30. you are required to do turn-down service according to the standard for all occupied and expect arrival rooms(refer to TURN-DOWN SERVICE)
7. After finishing turn-down service, start to clean the ashtrays and pantry, rearrange linen shelves and refill trolley for next day.
8. Check and lock all the doors, and turn off lights in the pantry before you leave the floors.
9. Submit your worksheets to your supervisor to sign.
10. Return keys to the clerk and sign out.